“To be Vegan is not to lose the great taste that you’ve grown accustomed to, instead, it’s to introduce a PLANT-BASED DIET that allows you to enjoy the great flavors, even tastes of the foods you love, prepared in a healthier way.”
~Dr. Tiy-E Muhammad
I’m Dr. Tiy-E Muhammad, and I’m glad you’re here. I created One Sexy-Vegan because I want to help people achieve their holistic health goals. There is nothing sexier than a healthy mind, body, and spirit, and because of that lots of people are now exploring the vegan lifestyle. As people work hard to post the best snap, or a selfie, or just want to look and feel better for their mate or themselves, many people are asking questions about veganism, or just plain eating healthier. If you’re one of those people, I want to help you accomplish your goals. Click here for my 1-2-3 Vegan Program, that details 3 steps to becoming part of the one sexy Vegan movement.
Having been a vegan for more than 20 years, I know there are a lot of misconceptions out there about being vegan… things like:
- If I go vegan, I’ll be stuck eating plants and twigs the rest of my life
- If I go Vegan, there’s no way I’ll ever get enough protein
- If I go vegan, I’ll never be able to enjoy cookouts and gatherings w/ family and friends again
- If I go vegan, I won’t get to eat out at my favorite restaurants anymore
- If I go Vegan, I’ll lose all my muscle
- If I go Vegan, I’ll have to spend way more money on food each month
I’m here to tell you – NONE of the above are true. Becoming a Vegan was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made… and it starts with just that – making the decision.
My passion for helping people set and accomplish health and fitness goals is personal. It came from seeing members of my family and community suffer and even die from illnesses that are directly related to poor health choices. My sisters and brothers are dying every day from cardiovascular disease, obesity, cancer, diabetes, and high blood pressure, and it doesn’t have to be that way. In my own family, my father died of drug abuse, and inadequate diet, my mother died from cancer, fueled in part by her diet, and my younger brother died from hypertension, an extension of bad diet and poor fitness. I see the liquor stores, fast food chains and convenience stores that fill our neighborhoods, and I feel a responsibility to share the fact that there is a better way.
If you’re ready to take your sexy back… let me walk this journey with you.
If you’re not sure yet, take your time, explore the site… and know that I’m here whenever you need.
Dr. Tiy-E Muhammad, Ed.D., LPC, NCC.
THE 9 VEGAN/ VEGETARIAN LEVELS (Defined)
- Flexitarian – primarily vegetarian, but will eat meat if easier by social circumstance
- Pollotarianism, which includes poultry.
- “Pollo-pescatarian”, which includes poultry and fish, or “white meat” only.
- Pescetarianism, which includes fish and sometimes other seafood.
- Lacto-ovo vegetarianism includes dairy products such as eggs, milk and cheese.
- Lacto-vegetarianism includes dairy products but not eggs.
- Ovo-vegetarianism includes eggs but not dairy products.
- Veganismexcludes all animal flesh and animal products, so excludes milk, cheese and eggs. Vegan purists exclude honey because it is a by-product of bees.
- Raw veganism includes only fresh and uncooked fruit, nuts, seeds, and vegetables. Some allow the cooking of vegetables only up to a certain low temperature. Raw foods purist cook nothing.